RCU Forums - View Single Post - OK Boys, here is what I have so far... ITS DONE!! AND IT FLIES!!! PICS ADDED...
Old 04-01-2003, 11:15 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OK Boys, here is what I have so far... ITS DONE!! AND IT FLIES!!! PICS ADDED...

OK, I figured Ibetter at least try and come up with SOMETHING for this design contest... I wanted to build something fast and neat for my VA 049 and the carbon pipe. Since my time is at a premium lately due to work, I thought I cant get too involved in trying a scale built up plane (allthough thats what I think will and shoudl win!) like that Panther.. sweet

Anyway, here is what I puled from the vacuum bag this morning. Its going to be a "whiplash / diamond dus" type speed plane, ALL carbon fibre. Laminated the main wing part from 6 oz cloth and blue foam, and the fins and elevons are cloth/epoxy on 1/16" balsa. I have intentions to sink all the radio gear into the wing, as much as I can as will the tank be set in behind the engine.

Should look pretty "stealthy" when I am done, hoping to keep the weight to 16 or 18 ounces max, and that would still give a 7oz/sq. foot loading.

I am guestimating at my measurements so its going to be a gamble!

Andrew Coholic
ajcoholic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	67464_10400.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	40985