RCU Forums - View Single Post - *****NEW ESKY e550 sized heli soon to release, Talk, share, wait*****
Old 11-22-2007, 05:15 AM
crashinbash
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *****NEW ESKY e550 sized heli soon to release, Talk, share, wait*****

Hello to all the e-sky heli fans out there.

As a person who's pretty much flown or owned all of the e-sky heli brand choppers I thought it important to report to those in the RCuniverse community that I've discovered information of a 550 sized helicopter. This helicopter is being referred to as a 900 sized helicopter which in actuality is almost the same size as the hirrobo lepton. I presume they call this a 900 sized heli because the total diameter of the main blades end to end is 959mm. From the information I have gathered so far here are the specifications I can give. Please do not quote me or refer to anything I provide as 100% legitimate as this heli has yet to surface in the American or Canadian market.

Specs as of late:

Overall length- 845mm
height - 311mm
Blade length - 425mm
approximate weight rtf - 1500g
ESC - 60a or higher
Motor - 540 or larger
servo's - 36g or equivalent
Receiver - 6ch
Batteries - 4s 2200mah minimum

From what I understand this heli will come in blue or orange. As you can see from the pictures Esky has chosen to use the color on the boom and other places this time. (a nice change in my opinion) The frame looks to be somewhat of a lepton style only it is 2 full plates which you would think will make this version stronger in a crash than others. Also the battery looks like it will be enclosed in the frame should you crash. The head still looks to stay true in some respects to the belt cp. The flybar assembly is once again above the main blades (some people say an upper flybar assembly is less effective and produces less stability than under) and the push pull rods for pitch look to be the same configuration as the belt cp. The flybar assembly is a full enclosed cage this time all the way around which I like personally, in a recent crash with belt cp both flybar link attachments broke off.

The mainshaft almost looks to be 6mm but I can't be certain. As for servo placement you can see at least 2 of the servo's will be located at the nose of the frame and the servo holes like like single screw placement at either end like hitec 85mg. It will be interesting to see what their larger servo's will provide as the 8g's for king2 and belt cp don't do people much good. Tail servo will be mounted on the boom which is a good plus.

One way bearing is said to be applied to the gears for auto rotation system and of course it will be a belt drive tail.

From what I can tell already based on the fact sheet and specs this will be a good helicopter to upgrade and interchange with the HDX500. Those who undoubtedly will want to upgrade this heli on it's arrival will probably be able to use some hdx and lepton parts. This would be awesome!!!

I can't find a price tag or imagine what it will be but based on past heli's and price per quality I would think that this heli as a kit will be in at least the 180-200USD range. Ready to fly will be very interesting as I found a couple 2.4ghz pictures for receivers from esky as well. Whatever the case we're going to be looking at a whole new heli and electronics from esky to go with it. Up until now they've pretty much had the same electronics for most all they're heli's.

If it's one thing I've truly seen about this heli it's the "head locking performance and new style tail rotor blade with high precision tail rotor drive and push-pull control group to ensure a better tail locking performance".

Please feel free to post any opinions, questions or general talk about this heli. Anyone with more information I would greatly appriciate your input as I can't wait for this heli to come out and have no idea about shipping dates. I just found out I'm getting an hdx500 for christmas but in all honesty I'm more excited about this one. Soon there will be too many to choose from as the 500 race has begun.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85057.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	809164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86886.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	809165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22872.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	60.8 KB