RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 B-25 ARF: Building and Modifications
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM
BillPTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 B-25 ARF: Building and Modifications

Lost mine last week on test fly.
Used EVO 36 and all stock setup. 10x4 EVO 3 blade props. No retracts. Two 2500 NiMH batteries with 2 MPI switches with volt regulators.
Two tanks on ground and third tank high speed taxi on grass field.
Take off was good and went to 125+ feet. flew 5 minutes in race track pattern. chopped throttle to observe stall, only got mushy and throttled up. Also slowed 1/3 throttle and put flaps down. Half flap no notice different, full flap little nose up. Every thing Ok. 5 note wind down runway. 2/3 throttle level flight, 100 feet initiated left turn flying into wind, nose pitched up, left wing dropped, stalled and flipped over and started spin down. Cut engines and could not get it out of spin. Straight into lake nose first. Lost fus from cockpit forward. Wing, engines radio and tail OK. Just put new fus on.
I cut throttle because I was thought I had lost left engine making left turn caused flip over. Others said no, both engines going fine. Plane had balanced out on the spot OK with both batteries forward. Radio worked because I was able to cut engines. Batteries and radio battery check out with high voltage.
Flying upwind slowed down and couple said tail was down. Flying down wind level and faster.
Left engine was 10,000 rpm and right engine was around 9800 rpm. I slowed left engine down by radio to match right.
I am going to add half inch to CG for next test flight.
Bill PTC