RCU Forums - View Single Post - XY(Z) 26cc A-Spec Gas engine
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
KCJarman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XY(Z) 26cc A-Spec Gas engine

The Yak that I will be putting this engine on is a Carl Goldberg Yak 54. Finished weight with the gas engine should put me around 12.5 to 13 lbs this is taking into account the extra pound that running gas will set me back. Overall wing area is 883 sq. in. When I put the thrust calculator to work I came up with a wing loading of 180 ounces per sq. ft. or 11.25 lbs per sq. ft.

That seems pretty reasonable to me..... But I would really like to get an equal 1.5 thrust to weight ratio.... and that will require nearly 19lbs of thrust...... which means I need to turn an 18x6 prop at least 8000 rpm.....

If this $200.00 investment will get me there... then I see no reason to spend the extra on a Saito 150/180. I am just hesitant to pull the trigger on this motor without knowing if it will swing an 18x6 at my perscribed rpm.....

My other option is to purchase a saito 150.... or a Brillelli 26....... at one and a half times the cost..... I don't see the need if China brand x will foot the bill.....