DocJones199

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Fiberglass How to: Plug to Mold to Parts

After the resin cures, the surface can be rough sanded to knock down any loose fibers.

Here is another installment in this project.

Once the surface of the plug has been cleaned up with coarse sandpaper, I can examine the pieces and decide where to go with this plug from this point. I began this plug imagining depressions with well defined edges where the windows should be. At this point, it seems that following this course will make this plug much more difficult to complete. This being the case, I have decided that the next phase of this plug build will see the side windows smoothed flush. Flush windows will make building the mold and pulling parts from the mold much easier.

After the rough sanding is complete, I can apply bondo to smooth out the surface of the helicopter. I only mix enough bondo that I can use in a few minutes. By mixing a little less bondo than I can comfortably work with, I am able to be much more efficient from a number of perspectives. First of all, I have time to work the bondo on the surface since I am not rushed by the thought of unused bondo curing on my mixing surface. Secondly, when I mix too much bondo, I end up just piling it on only to have to remove most of it later on because of sloppy application.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26967.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	814092