RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 04:03 PM
marktur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

So Bill - it's EASY. Just unbolt, and rotate 90 degrees. Bolt it back on. Plug in your started red-to-black (opposite) and start her up! (Don't forget to put on a pusher prop).

I still think the 90 is just too much weight, however (when you account for adding matching weight to the nose to balance it).

HappyJack flies at my field, and he's got a Bobcat 52 with Turbine mounted up on it. Looks REALLY cool - I haven't seen it fly yet, but I'm hoping this weekend I'll see it and maybe even get some stick time with it.

Here's my thoughts: Turbines will make it go faster. Turbines sound really cool. But they are not for me: too expensive, too many safety/AMA hurdles to jump, and you have to carry around a TON of fuel, which makes it a heavy heavy airplane. I'm sure it flies fine, but must be tougher to fly than mine.... I just can't justify it, and have better things to put my money into. (My humble opinion).

OK, I'm off to the hobby shop to donate more money to the cause!

Does anyone know where I can buy a Bobcat canopy? That's what's stopping me from getting back in the air, dammit.