RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rossi 53 - dud??
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 08:39 PM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rossi 53 - dud??

ORIGINAL: 5.0Rick

[ How do I pressurize the fuel tank without the pipe installed? Nice looking plane! Did you fabricate the cowl? Fiberglass I take it? Very nice work

I also encountered the flutter issue with the ST 51 installed. Fixed it by installing aileron servos on the wings.

Rick
I have run open faced engines on the test stand only and the fuel was gravity fed. A tube pointing into the exhaust port could work too on a plane but I don't need the noise.
The cowl was made of formed balsa sheet and covered with Monocote. Installing aileron servos on the wings would have helped but I think the ailerons still needed to be shortened and or thickened. The vertical and horizontal stab framework need to be replaced with a solid sheet with a strip of carbon fiber on each side. The elevator and rudder should be a tad thicker than the stabs and a bit narrower the originals. It's just more work than I want to put into this kind of plane. If I were you leave the Rossi as it is and enjoy the great handling Sky Raider, it's an easy 100 mph now and no mods needed. When your ready, move on to a quickie 500 class like a Viper. Need more speed ? Put an Ultrathrust or Jett tuned muffler on that quickie.