RCU Forums - View Single Post - FYI. EC meeting Oct.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: FYI. EC meeting Oct.

ORIGINAL: crash99

Madness, Please tell me why someone with a park flyer needs to pay $58.00 to fly their foamie. I would love to know. The big risk is to have a AMA memeber get shot down and have their airplane crash into something or someone.

Crash99

Same reason that someone with a .25 size trainer needs to pay the $58.00. If you want to play, you need to pay. Tiered memberships will create a pecking order, and hurt feelings, and worse. Same cost to you if you fly a foamie, or if you fly 40% 3-D. If you want to be a member, then be a member. If not, don't. Why should those who only wish to fly a park foamie want to belong anyway? They fly where they want, and most of them won't wait their turn to fly at the field anyway. I think someone is trying to blow smoke with this idea, and I think that it is geared toward allowing members to select what benefits they want, such as not having to take MA, and getting a reduced rate for not taking the magazine. I'm against it. If you want to belong to the AMA, pay up. if not .....

Bill, AMA 4720