RCU Forums - View Single Post - From the 60's - What was your 1st plane ?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:44 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: From the 60's - What was your 1st plane ?

Lets see, soloed on a Stuntman with Pee Wee .020 I believe when I was 7. Flew controline until I was about 9 then Dad gave me an old Jr Falcon Cox .049 Golden Bee, with Controlaire Mule, superregen receiver and Citizen-ship escapement. Flew it at the ball park about ¾ miles away. Tied it to my bicycle!! I guest it was in the early to mid 60’s. Later Dad got me a Testors Simpluse system with rudder only and 2 added throttle buttons running a rand actuator. I built and covered a Little Esquire and added a OS Max .10 flew it a gazillion times with Dad and his early proportional stuff. Then flew an old Controlaire reed system in a Mambo Special and K&B .35. Finally Dad surprised me with a Royal Classic 4 channel system with 3 servos. On Christmas that year got the 4th servo. Thought I was hot stuff with my Lanier Pursuit!! I was 12 then!!! Check out the photo!!

Have collect all the above again and have all in flying condition. Have plans to put all back in the air again to see if I can still fly them!!! Currently flying a Mule and escapment unit in a DQA, 4 single channel pulsers, the Royal Classic (Thanks Boberas) and a few more old units. The Testors Simpluse is schedules for the Little Esquire and OS .10 on the shelf as soon as I have time!!

Boy was that a long time ago!

Bob Harris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33419.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	816898