RCU Forums - View Single Post - From the 60's - What was your 1st plane ?
Old 12-03-2007, 05:27 PM
quepasa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: From the 60's - What was your 1st plane ?

This is GREAT!
My 1st was a Graupner Chico. A .10 powered shoulder winged pylon racer. I decided it didn't need ailerons as rudder & elevator planes were easy to fly so I was told. About all that worked the way I expected was the throttle and that OS-FSR-.10! FAST don't describe this little plane. It flew about 100' in about 3 seconds and ground itself up on an asphalt runway in W. Germany. This was about when I was becoming real intrested in what an aileron was, and what a lack of dihedral meant. The .10 went into a "bashed" Graupner "Dandy" sail-plane with welding rod landing gear and wooden wheels cut out of 1/4" ply with a holesaw in the motor-pool. Radio was a Hobby-Shack Cirrus 3-channel. Ya'll don't even wanna hear how I got thrown in a German jail for tieing a rope to a German pine tree, and trying to shake that glider loose with the other end of that rope tied to the front bumper of a SIMCA. Those folks have no sence of humor! Those were the days gentlemen! That was about 1977 so I guess I don't qualify either.[&o] Thanks for a great thread!
Q.