RCU Forums - View Single Post - GETTING PAID
Thread: GETTING PAID
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 01:53 PM
carden cap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GETTING PAID

Why can we not get paid for flying demos at Full Scale Airshows if we are invited by the Airshow. Why is it that? I pay a yearly fee for an insurance that is supposed to protect me in case of an accident right. So if I pay for something why can't I use it like I want? Myself and another individual have flown at many Airshows but we have not been able to collect funds for fear of losing AMA priveledges if the AMA were to ever find out. Now I'm not talking about a ton of money, maybe a few hundred dollars for flying or something. They usually give us free smoke oil but we dont use smoke much because it can tear up the covering over time. The aerobatic pilots at the shows have an insurance company that protects them and they collect a TON of money for doing shows including several hundreds/thousands of dollars of fuel. We can't use their fuel so we are stuck coming out of pocket for things. The airshows have offerd to pay but we have declined. I want to know why the AMA wont let us earn money if we are skilled enough to perform. Now if I'm wrong I apologize and we can close this thread and shame on me for not collecting. But if I'm not I would like an answer.