RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 B-25 ARF: Building and Modifications
Old 12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 B-25 ARF: Building and Modifications

Anybody venture a guess as to the scale diameter and length of the pitot tube on a B-25B? Actual specs would be even better. Or does anyone have a top or bottom view of this plane that could be used to estimate the dimensions?
Thanks
Tim

Jim- Wing tube is scheduled to be delivered to me on Monday...I'll try to send out to you Tuesday.

I also have been trying to find some documentation on the size of the air intakes in the wing of the "B" model. They clearly are not the size of the "J" model. I have attached the best photo I have found to date...hope this works. I'm going to try to rout out this intake rather than use the supplied intake which is clearly to large. Check out all the tread on that tire...guess they figured there was a good chance they wouldn't be using the tires again.

Just found this second photo of what appears to be a B-25B at Dayton. Great shot of radiator opening! Somethings wrong here...the pitot tube is on the wrong side and so is the nose gear offset. I'll bet someone reversed the negative.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58383.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	819703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56481.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	819704