RCU Forums - View Single Post - Close look at GP .07 Thunder Tiger
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 09:25 PM
grassroots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Close look at GP .07 Thunder Tiger

I could see a tight bushing causing drag on the crank, but after some runing in it should loosen up and give a good seal.

I think the erratic operation is air leaking around the shaft because of the excesive side to side play, and since the shaft also moves forward on HI-revs, back on LOW-revs that would also contribute to the amount of air getting in between these two settings.

When I ran it rich at first and the transition was rough from HI-LOW there was alot of vibration involved and the spiner would become a blur that's when I started really looking into the play in the crankshaft.

At first I was hoping nothing was wrong because it's a brand new toy going bad, but my gut feeling is that there is something wrong.

Either all the GP 07 are this way or this one slipped through and I just happend to be the lucky winner of the Friday 5:00pm lemon engine.

No matter what it's still going to be heavy when considering it's only able to do 16,500 with a 6x3 prop!

Correct me if I am wrong but the little AP WASP can do that, and it's much smaller and lighter.