RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ok, this is really gettin annoing
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 10:50 PM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok, this is really gettin annoing

ORIGINAL: KRO

So you snapped ANOTHER motor shaft ? Are you sure the center diveshaft is straight ? Maybe the spur gear is moving around and causing binding ?

I ran the stock motor for 2 months , then a Baja motor for 3 more , went too a Mamba system over a year ago and have ran mine VERY hard but never snapped a motor shaft ......

Maybe the gear mesh is changing from hard hits ? Mine was doing this for a while till I loctited the motor screws
Yeah, and my dad is "thrilled", I have checked the mesh, it is staying cool, my jumps are small so that isn't a prob, I crank my motor down tight (screws) so it doesn't slip, checked the shaft, it is cool, I was able to run the stock motor for a LONG time before it snapped, it withstood TONS of rocks, I was so mad since I had JUST put on the new tires, a metal diff gear (for the rear, kept on chewin em up), and my gear cover, so, yeah, pain, I told it to my friend who said this, "either ya donin somein SUPER WRONG, or the hobby hates you", as of now, I think the hobby is rearin it's ugly face[&o]

ORIGINAL: bigtreds

are the hawgs for 1/18th or 1/10th?
1/18 they shure make my truck turn tight, they grip good, considering they only had like 1 minute of "runin on em", so, they were prob very slippery.