RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-39 Airacobra anything thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 02:25 AM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-39 Airacobra anything thread!

Right about now the only 'Cobra offering in a larger scale that I know of is from Palmer Plans.............a P-63 in 1/5th scale. There are good points and not-so-good points with this: Good.............Robart has gear available for this as are the canopy and fiberglass parts; Not-so-good..............Palmer has a less than great reputation for his plans and grossly optimistic weight figures and engine requirements. Sigh.

I have thought about buying a Top Flite Gold Edition kit from eBay, enlarging the plans to 1/5th scale and scanning the individual parts then enlarging their images to the same scale and cut my own kit. In theory, I'd have a Top Flite 1/5th scale Airacobra. That's a lot of work but may be worth it. And I'd just have to at least try to stuff a Moki in the mid-engine position. As Moki's run with no nitro, heat won't be as big of an issue. Maybe a cogged belt turning a supported driveshaft with reduced gearing..............hmmmmmm.

Hey, if any one from Top Flite is reading this, there is a market for a giant scale P-39. Please!!!!!!

Al