RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stealth Won't Fly! Crash Movie
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2003, 09:06 AM
MR Flyer57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealth Won't Fly! Crash Movie

I too watched the plane crash video and I have just a few comments. First get someone else to toss it for you.
I don't think you even had a chance to use the transmitter. Make sure it is someone who has done it before, it is really easy to toss it with a sideways spin.

Sometimes it helps to toss it with out the engine running down a grassy slope to see if it is within trims. Just pull the prop off and cover the engine.

Small planes will sometimes do things so fast that you can't tell just what went wrong, and the glide test will slow the whole show down a little.

I don't think anything is wrong with the plane that trimming wouldn't take care of, it looks like it is diving and rolling left. I think that if you get it into the air and get a little hight you will be able to get it trimmed and will find out that it there is nothing really wrong with it.

I have had the same trouble with reed engines dieing when tossed, I don't have an answer. I think that a easier toss might be worth trying and for that you might need a slope of some kind.
Good luck and keep us posted
Marshall