RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kadet Mark II Build
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Fishin Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Kadet Mark II Build

Hi hdwideglide03. Best Wishes with your new project!
My Mark II kit was about 20 years old, given to me by my sister in the mid-eighties. Never got around to it until this fall.

Couple of thoughts for you. The masterful building thread by RCKen "Pay it Forward Build Thread!!Sig LT-40", in the RCUniverse Kit Building forum. Take the time to study it thoroughly, it's invaluable. The structure of the LT-40 is very similar to our Mk II. I wish I had kept a log of the location (page # post #) of the many, many jewels of kit building wisdom. I spent lots of time going back over it looking for a particular jem.

A mistake I made was lacking confidence in the accuracy of the plans and written instructions. The consequence was that I made several mistakes and had to try to recover as best I could. The quality of my build suffered from that lack of confidence. The plans and instructions were in fact of the highest quality and accuracy. So, when in doubt, stop and think, figure out what they're telling you. Don't make my mistake of deciding the instructions were wrong and jumping off in the wrong direction!!

My build. Not great, but maybe not too bad for a first effort.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77524.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	829985