RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Warhead Evo, shearing input gear pin,
Old 12-29-2007, 08:13 PM
davido666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Warhead Evo shearing tranny pins,,

Make sure the slipper pad is not to tight. I also found the three screw that attach the slipper plate to the spur gear were to long and they were digging into the one side of the blue slipper pad on mine. Also make sure your reversing servo is set correct and that no plugs are loose. You want to make sure the servo is fully ingaging the forward and reverse postions without to much pressure. Make sure all the differentials are free moving and also with no binds in them. If something is jamming sometimes and stopping the drive for a second this with break the pin real fast. I once had a servo that would twitch from vibrations because it had a bad solder joint from the three leads to the circuit board. With the radio and receiver on wiggle the wire where it goes into the reversing servo. If it is throwing the servo in reverse while you are going forward this would sheer the pin off. Hope some of these ideas might help. The only thing I have had go wrong on mine is the one way bearing and the shaft it rides on. I have hit the gas hard on mine and have not broken that pin. I did check it when I tore my tranny down to fix it. I have found that the batteries do not work well in the truck. I found the servos would not respond correct when the batteries went low. Are you using a hump pack. I would use a hump pack and you must have a fail safe. It will disable the truck when the battery gets low or it goes out of range. I found batteries would only last about 5 tanks in my truck and then they were to low.