RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Warhead Evo, shearing input gear pin,
Old 12-31-2007, 02:18 PM
davido666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Warhead Evo, shearing input gear pin,

ORIGINAL: JDV500

thanks for the site david,

is there a noticable gain in performance in dropping the reverse assembly.?? i understand the weight reduction and less rotating mass. so i guess i answered my question. i want to get back into the tranny to put in a new grey colored top-shaft gear rather then the black one i just installed, especially after reading what moto said about the strength concerns. but i want to drive the current black gear in it and see how it holds up to shredding around on the property here.
looking at that metal steering arm that you mentioned now. adding it to my list to order this week.
thanks again,,,
I am still running with the reverse shaft because I just rebuilt the reverse shaft on it. I am not a speed demon I like to drive my truck on the road and on the grass. I am looking at getting the axial 28 off ebay maybe then I will convert to forward only. The motors are selling now for about 130 with shipping on ebay. I will keep driving mine until something fails in the tranny. I have put about 8 tanks thru on the rebuilt tranny with no problems.