RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Warhead, long time to start...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 PM
davido666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Warhead, long time to start...

Make sure the screws are tight that hold on the Kwik pit. I lost one screw and the quik pit wasn't always working right. There is a gear inside that you can be replace I have seen it at towerhobbies web site. I would just order a whole new kwik pit if the teeth are worn (DTXP6033). That way you get new screws and gears and case with it. Remember the one way bearing inside the kwik pit does not come with the new kwik pit starter (DTXG0637). It is a seperate part you would new to order if it is bad. Remember to look at the on way bearing before you take it off. It can go on 2 ways. The wrong way and the right way. There also is a pin inside the motor that turns the crank shaft but you would not be able to see that unless you take the back plate off the engine. I would not do this unless you are planning on sealing the engine with high temp sealant. When you are starting the motor do you feel the motor kick back on the starter or is there large compression at times. This would mean the motor is flooded. If the truck is new call duratrax and tell them the kwik pit is slipping and they will probably send you a new one in the mail if you bought the truck new. What I have heard is that they are great for warranty and helping over the phone. I bought my truck used but I already had rc background for years with these motors. Have you set the low speed idle stop screw. It may just need to be turn in a little to increase the idle. This is a different needle for the low speed idle. Here is a little tip if you find you have to give the truck some throttle to start it. Move the servo centering dial so the throttle opens a little and that will help you to start it. Save your old glow plug to check your glow starter. Make sure the battery is always fully charged before you try to use it. You can use the old plug to test your battery. I have the duratrax wrench and I keep an old plug in the handle for testing the battery.