RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eureka Banshee Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Eureka Banshee Build Thread

Sugar: I understand Don's logic about the landing gear, however there are some out there that have a hard time (pun not intended) bending the wire for the gear, me included. IMO, any gear would be better than no gear. At least it would get some modelers off the ground. I hemed and hawed for several months before buying his kit, but figured, what the hey, as I really love these birds. I also have his Troublemaker and plan on getting an Eyeball next. Perhaps Don should contact Jeff Petro (Primus fame) and see who his landing gear vendor is. I totally agree with you about making a taildragger, but I may go that route for retracts, I haven't decided yet. I still want to build a Troublemaker this winter, so tri-gear (fixed) maybe the way to go to speed things along. Like I said, still undecided.

As far as built-up vs. foam, I really enjoy the building aspect of a model and getting it right. I think that it takes a little more finesse to get a built-up wing right (JMO). Although, open bay structures does limit finishing options when compared to a fully sheeted wing. I guess one of the things I'm trying to capture (maybe re-live), is keeping the airframe as close as possible to the original.

At the end of each assembly, I plan on having a list of material used so there'll be a BOM at the end of the build. Don't thank me for the build, thank WEDJ, his Perigee build has been a big inspiration. We fly SPA together and he is very knowledgeable, I'm just trying to keep up. If you have any suggestions during the build, sound off, all are welcome! Stay tuned!

FB