RCU Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA JAGDPANTHER BUILD PHOTOS/CAMO PICS ADDED
Old 01-03-2008, 12:44 PM
pcomm1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TAMIYA JAGDPANTHER BUILD PHOTOS

ORIGINAL: kurtmeyer

pics yet
Thank you for the interest. The build is not a detailed TamiyaCon Contest Tank type build, but a fun backyard runner.

Wouldn't you know it, I have the sinus cold junk that is going around Southern California plus a 4 day rain storm is forecast.

Before the rains arrive, I wanted to jump ahead and get the hull primered and some basic work on the road wheels accomplished.

I will highlight the "build differences" from Chops excellent Tamiya Jadgpanther Build Pictorial.

The purposes for the "minor build differences" is to create an improved, good running, reliable, basic and budget conscious battle day Tamiya Battle Unit (TBU) Tank.

Final paint is undecided at this point, but I am researching and that is one of my favorite parts of the build process.

The hull assembles just like the Tiger I with a similar idler adjustment setup.

The Hull:

Enlarge four of the 6 Tamiya gear box mount holes to 4 mm holes in preparation for the Daryl Turner Gear box mount brace.

I use Red Loctite for "only" the hull metal to metal nuts & bolts parts, because this is a TBU play hard tank and I know from experience if I don't
I will litter either my backyard or someones battlefield with dozens of impossible to see nuts and bolts.

Use the Tamiya Blue Thread Lock for plastic to metal parts, "very important". Loctite will ruin your plastic parts.

All the suspension arm set screws are in place before painting. Don't get paint in spaces where the axles fit.

I used Impact Metal Glacis Plate Spocket Guides.

They hold the tank's glacis plate in place a little bit better than the stock plastic parts.

Important when running on uneven terrain.

Road wheels:

I am using Stella's bearings, but I degreased them first with Orange Degreaser.

I base painted the road wheels on the trees to speed things up plus the cleanup area will not show. It is concealed by the tire.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74484.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	841131   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68138.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	841132   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm30270.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	42.2 KB