RCU Forums - View Single Post - tuning questions..
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 12:21 AM
neupane00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning questions..

hey guys, i am trying to tune my truck and i have few questions.. i will try to tune tomorrow but since its monday, i wont have any open parking lots and such.. is it okay to tune with wheels off ground? will it have bad effect on engine?
next question, if my wheels are off ground, how would i tune high speed needle? this is my first time trying to tune engine so please help.

from what i learned by reading and watching videos. i should tune the high speed needle first. and start leaning out little by little till i see no performance increase. is that right? but now if i am tuning wheels off, how can i tell this?

next steps on instruction is to tune idle speed. to do that, decrease the idle till it dies. and the increase by half the amount you decrease and try again. (i guess i can do that wheels off)

third.. low speed needle.. when idling, pinch the line going to carb with needle nose plier.. and engine should run about 4 seconds. ( this too can be done wheels off)..

does this sound right? and if so and i need to follow above, how do i tune wheels off?

last question.. on properly tuned engine. if u throttle up (wheels off), do you see mist of nitro ( enough to make pavement look kinda wet) coming off the exhaust? like if u put a finger near exhaust how much nitro/oil/wetness do you see on ur fingers?