RCU Forums - View Single Post - Senior Telemaster Scratch Build
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 03:01 PM
MikeFreas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Senior Telemaster Scratch Build

ORIGINAL: vmsguy

Looks good so far.

Your leading edge is an interesting idea. It should work out pretty well.

Did you read the STM thread over in the electric forum? Mike Freas has done some great work with the building, and modification of his. It's in the "Glow-to-Electric" conversion forum.

I don't want to hijack your thread, so I'll only add a couple more pictures of my fuselage. You can better see the firewall installation. I have a couple more pieces of tri-stock to add around bulkhead #1. I also added 1/8" diagonal bracing on the sides and bottom of the fuselage. Hopefully I can make the tail stiffer. I can still twist it a little in my hands.

Thanks for the kind words. I also don't want to hijack the thread but I'm going to suggest that you consider building flaps also unless you fly where you get wind on a regular basis. My second STM (first of the two ARF's) has a highly modified wing with barndoor flaps and alerions both of which work like a champ. Trying to use flaperons didn't work for me as is makes slow speed flying difficult.

*CAUTION* Unless you have a powerplant that has enough power to climb verticaly be vary careful about doing touch and goes with full power climb outs/flaps deployed! I made this mistake and stalled my STM about 20' off the deck and it was all over but the crying.

If your interested in all the modifications I have made to both the kit and ARF versions look up my name in the member list for all my posts. I have forgoten all the different threads I have started and posted to.

On a STM scratch building note I have finished building my V tail that will be grafted onto my second STM ARF.