RCU Forums - View Single Post - Raptor G2 Trans Settings
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 05:03 PM
franklinbw36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raptor G2 Trans Settings

Hey Holbertjosh, I hope that you make out well with it. As I'm putting mines on vacation until I master the art of flying...LOL! I have the 4 channel heli as well and I'm using that until I get comfortable with flying. See the Raptor has so many adjustments that needs to be done. Don't believe RTF which means "Ready To Fly" out of the box. I think they say that just to get people to buy it.

Let me warn you of this right now before you fire the Raptor up! I take it that you have flown the basic helicopters right? If so, you just keep reading this! Here is my experience when my Raptor arrived at the front door a 3 weeks ago. I was excited and was convinced about the RTF. I connected everything, put a fresh battery on and cut everything on. I was in my kitchen, which is big and spacious. Everything was on, but only the blades was moving up and down. I place the remote control down and went over to the helicopter. After I inspected the heli, I noticed that it was a button that came from the ESC. I press the button and nothing happen. I press the button again and this time I held it for a couple of seconds. The ESC lit up. A few seconds later, the heli throttled up on it's own and scared the cowboy crap out of me causing me to drop the heli...LOL!

Well come to find out, the heli was shipped to me in 3D mode. So what caused the heli to spin up, the radio throttle was in the down position. In 3D mode, the down position means to throttle up and vice verse to shut it down.

After that little incident, I had to buy a new belt for the drive system and the tiny gear. Both of those were totaled!

I have a manual that STARCOP put together to help people like me and you. Send me your email address and I will send the PDF to you. But be careful because in the state your getting the heli it is very unpredictable unless you know what your doing. Also, review the manual that comes with the helicopter to setup the heli in normal flight mode.