RCU Forums - View Single Post - Z-bends...yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Jazzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Z-bends...yes or no?

I think the only place I ever used a true Z bend was on the engine throttle arm. But, it did not go through the throttle arm. Instead it was attached via a Dubro or Great Planes EZ pushrod connector. The Z bend offset moved the pushrod to the proper position so as to be in-line with the connector when the hole in the firewall was only 'so' close. It also allowed for a little give at max and min throw since my first radio did not have adjustable endpoints - only trim pots. I predominately use the EZ connectors - not one failure. Ball links have their place too!

I have used the quick links also. So I guess you might say I've used "L" bends! A little dab of super lube and friction is reduced so the hole won't elongate quickly. They are decent for those installations that are VERY tight where anything protruding above the servo arm would/might cause problems.

If you like'em, use'em.

BTW, I don't think everyone is on the same page with regards to the names of the connectors! [:-]

The EZ Connectors are the round or square metal pieces with a hole through the center of the post for the pushrod to go through and a set screw to hold it in place. The post has a pin on the bottom which goes through a hole in the control horn.
EZ Links or Quick Links are the plastic ones that use an "L" bend to hook into the control horn.