RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ordered a dominator 500, couple questions
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 PM
BlackB12
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered a dominator 500, couple questions

I almost went with a delta as my first speed plane, but ended up going on a different route and ended with a Lanier dominator 500. I'm a teacher and fly a lot alone in the summer when I'm off so I wanted an easier plane to fly, one that can actaully taxi out and take off like a traditional plane.
I'll be powering it with a 46ax that I have sitting around. Probably get a Jett muffler for it eventually. My goal is to build a fast sport plane rather than a pure racer so I'll be going with larger ailerons. Here's my questions. Is it worth using two aileron servos to allow aileron differential or span flaps or spoilerons? Is there even room for two aileron servos in the fuse? I think I'll go with the conventional tail. How effective is the rudder? Would it be worth enlarging it for better knife edge? Or would this be a recipe for flutter? 100 mph knife edge would be cool. Then again there's very little fuse side area so maybe that's a no go as well. Looks like glassing the firewall is recommened. Finally, does anyone have build pics of a dominator 500? I keep searching and can't find any pics of the build process. I did find a dominator 200 thread. If you have any more info please share it. I'd love to go into the build process knowing exactly what to do.

Any speed guesses running a 46ax and 9x8 prop?

Mike