RCU Forums - View Single Post - My new speed plane...advise needed
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 11:47 AM
cncswiss1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new speed plane...advise needed

let me get the quick calc right, with the power going up with the cube of the speed, does he really need 1000% mo powa?!!

or is it 30% more power or 30% less drag or some combination of the two?

is this in the spirit of the $100.00 speed airframe idea? if so you are darn close!

if it were me, and keeping wth the keeping it simple idea, I'd get the black jett quickie muffler, glue some big tri stock to the firewall and sand accordingly, and a big ole 2"-3" spinner to match your balsa cowl. and airfoil the gear as the guys suggested.

another idea if you do want a more rounded fuse as CP suggested, but in the Q&D fashion, make another box style fuse but use gigantic tri stock in the corners, put a large blind nut in the firewall in the center of the round whape you want, chuck it on the ole cordless drill, use your finger for a center on the other end, spin it and apply it to a bench grinder with a wire wheel on it, it'll be round in seconds, then some quick finish sanding (best with a helper to hold emery paper like one holds a towell to dry one's nether regions after a shower).... may not set any best finish awards, but it's quick, cheap, and easy.