RCU Forums - View Single Post - buy Futaba 7C now or?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 01:36 AM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: buy Futaba 7C now or?

Quote: "it was always safe to buy 6-9 months after a new model intro."
-------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not arguing with this logic, but I've always wanted to have the "latest and greatest". I bought the 6-channel FASST back in May of '07. I think it was one of the first ones available. I bought the 7C FASST when they first started shipping from Tower. Both radios have performed flawlessly without a single glitch. The range-checks are stronger than 10 acres of onions. My radios maintain a solid RF signal lock even when the signal has to penetrate through 4 walls of my home and a 30 gallon aquarium. Even when I put the transmitter in my car and get 200 feet away, the RF lock is rock solid. Anyway like I said, I'm not arguing your point, but I think there is some unwarranted worry and anxiety out there. When I started flying R/C, everyone was on 27MHz....and I mean everyone, including everybody that had a CB radio in their car. So it could get crazy in a hurry when you were flying and somebody was saying: "Breaker 19 good buddy, there's a Smoky Bear doin a flip-flop on the superslab at mileage marker 83."
Today's R/C equipment is amazingly reliable.
Regards
JC