RCU Forums - View Single Post - AK Models F16 Test Build/Fly Prototype Project
Old 01-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Blade47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AK Models F16 Test Build/Fly Prototype Project

Here is one wing panel that is almost done ..need to shape leading edge, install servo, hinge aileron and make some kind of missile rail. I think the rail will be 1/2" wide as I want to be able put a drill hole in the bottom so I can add bird shot to adjust the lateral balance.

Over the stock plan I added 1" x 1/4" tri stock to the top of the slide in wing hold tang on the inside of W1 and W2.
The Aileron was cut from 2"x36" aileron stock and the left over cut out was added to the TE. The stock plan left the design of the aileron up to me ..if this style is used I am sure Alex will be able to laser cut from stock strip.

If you would like to see the build sequence for the wing up till now let me know..it is pretty much straight forward.

In making the wing paper sleeve for the main spar I found a neat way to make sure the rap is not to tight to slide in. I will have to take a picture or two if you are interested.

Need to finish both wing panels before moving on ..... wing span with out rails 48" with 49"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54878.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	857935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36383.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	857936