RCU Forums - View Single Post - Easiest Platform to Wrench on?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Easiest Platform to Wrench on?

It's the New Era rollbar that makes my LST2 a PIA to work on.. Still, I swear by the NE rollbar.. As with everything, there's a trade-off - increased toughness and protection and chassis stability.., but you can't open the freakin' radio box completely!!.. And aside from the rollbar, I would say changing a servo in the LST2 is about the biggest PIA of anything I've had to do wrenching-wise.. I've had to change out two servos in the LST2 now, and both times tried my patience..(not that I have much...[:@])

This is naturally relative though - I got used to the Savage, so something new is more of a PIA than the original you started with and have gotten used to.. Somebody who started with a Revo or LST2 would no doubt say the opposite...

Which is all kind of why I think this question doesn't matter a whole lot - they all need wrenching to some extent. I personally don't enjoy it on any of them...

And the tranny on the Savage X isn't too bad nowadays either.. Just a few screws and it's open from the top.. (ok, you gotta take the roll-bar off..) Though adjusting the 1-2 shift-point on the 3-speed is a PIA, IMO.. But still - that's life. The Savage is tougher than most, and is the only one with a 3-speed... (edit - oops, excluding the CEN's I guess..) Give and take..