RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best of the Best Competition
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best of the Best Competition

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

That's fine that you like Truggies more than MTs. I've never driven a truggy, but I have no interest in it. I know that the truggies are faster in every possible way, and are relatively easier to work on. But to me, that doesn't mean that it's more fun to drive. I personally like trying to race in a class of non-race vehicles. As far as racing and operating costs, a lot of that is non-essential. Really, I race a revo with an upgraded motor, RPM arms and titanium rocker pins. Aside from that and the F.O.C. conversion, that's it. And I'm competitive with this vehicle. Could I go load this thing out with trick stuff? Sure. But it's not going to actually do anything.

Yea, used RC is a good way to try out other classes, but still I'd rather not spend the 300+ bucks to get a used vehicle up and running to try a class I'm not interested in.

The real problem here is people hug their own choices way too much and get rabid when others disagree with it. I'm guilty of it, too, I'm sure. Perhaps we just all need to go back to Blackfoots, Stampedes and Clodbusters.

You sound exactly how I sounded before I shot that video LOL !!! 110% the same sentiment LOL

On a oddball impulse I bought that CRT when my dam Revo broke at the track.. We didnt have a big MT turnout and I was forced to run with the Truggies, after i seen how badly my Revo looked next to a Truggy I asked to drive my buddies CRT ( never drove a Truggy in my life)......... and well after back to back running that CRT from my Revo I offered to buy that CRT ont he spot... The very next day I shot the video of the CRT at the sand hills............

Anyways I hated Truggies as much as most MT guys do..scorn something you dont understand.... But the first time I actually drove that CRT I knew there was no going back to MT's.. the fun and thrills from the Truggies speed and capabilities far outweight the clumsy antics of a MT.... At least for me they did....

I guess the main difference is this..people disliking Truggies are doing so based off speculation and not much else... How can you say you have no interest if you have no clue how they even drive or bash... Your making assumptions and closing your mind before you even try a dam Truggy...and you evenhave the nerve to start telling people Truggies dont bash well ...IMHO your in no position to say anything about truggies other then " I have never driven a Truggy, so I really cannot comment on them" sorry to come off this way..but IMO unless a person has owned and driven a product they should refrain from specualtiong on its characteristics and capabilities....