RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are Himoto Trucks good or no?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Inntcptr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are Himoto Trucks good or no?

I have the Himoto Rancho Pro. It's more than you stated that you want to spend, but it's the only himoto I own. I bought it last fall at the I hobby expo in chicago. I got a great deal on it. I bought it as a basher...and BASH I did. I put it through hell and it seemed to take a good beating. So far, nothing broken. It seemed fairly easy to tune for me. The radio it comes with is very low end and cheap, so I swaped it out with a futaba 2PL. I get bored very easy, so I like to experiment. Last time I ran it, I doubled up the ramps. I put one ramp, about mid way on top of the other ramp, so I would have a steeper curve and get more height. I had it about 8 to 10 feet in the air, it came down hard and still road away like it was nothing. I'm not bragging, just telling my experience. It wouldn't be my first choice, but they are decent. My brother on the other hand is a little more extreme. He likes to see what it take to destroy things. For him, Himoto has been great. He bought one of their MT's and has replaced a few parts. The support and customer service from exportpro.biz is awesome. They always seem to get him his parts fast. I guess they're connected to himoto some way. Keeping in mind my brother is a nut. He likes to smash his Himoto into brick walls on buildings to see how many times he can do it before it will stop running. The only reason I bought mine was because I didn't want to leave the hobby expo empty handed I guess ! LOL