RCU Forums - View Single Post - AK Models F16 Test Build/Fly Prototype Project
Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Blade47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AK Models F16 Test Build/Fly Prototype Project

[X(] The quality of the laser cut and the placement of the notch's on the formers is ( top notch ) pun ...as you can see I started out with F1 to F3 pinned into place and checked with tri angle ...they are spot on except F1 which seems to have 2 deg down built in and no side thrust angle ( have to check later ).

Pinned F4 to F7 into place oops don't do this ..you need to place the fuse side and doubler onto F4 and F5 then pin to the board ... continue with F6 and F7 and check for fit and angle to the work top ...again spot on.

Working from F3 to F6 glued all joints and notches ...make sure you STOP gluing at F6 ..you have to slide into place on F6 the ply servo tray holder and ply bottom rudder support then add F7 ,,,,,, almost made this mistake . both F6 and F7 have locking tab that you have to slide over and I do not think you would ever do it if F7 was glued. well with out hacking and cutting

With just the Fuse side / doubler glued and locked into place it has kept the formers evenly spaced and at the correct 90 to the work bench with out a lot of fuss ..this has been so far one of the easiest fuse lay ups I have ever done. Good work Alex.

Well more work to do ...hmmmm. make that a lot of work to do yet

Hope to see most of the hardware I have ordered come in this week. I will be using some NEW products that I have not used on a build and will point them out as I go

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29020.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	862344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28932.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	862345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70427.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	65.3 KB