RCU Forums - View Single Post - Picasa & Hello - Some of the best photo software available (free too)
Old 01-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Flash1940

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picasa & Hello - Some of the best photo software available (free too)

If you have VISTA ( which I have, darn it)..the free auto-resizer doesn't work on Vista. I had to download a free program called VSO Image resizer. It works on both XP and Vista...by right clicking on the photo. It will do batch resizing too. I've only used it for a week or so, but so far, it works great. http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/
The more I hear about Vista leads me to believe it was a mistake.....My XP machine works fine.....why fix something when it isn't broken.
I manipulate my pictures with Photoshop 7.0 and sometimes with Photoshop Elements.....The learning curve is sorta steep with both of these.....but it's worth it in the long run. You can go to events and take high resolution pictures and probably turn them into 3 or 4 shots when you get home......good stuff to know how to do.

Flash