RCU Forums - View Single Post - AK Models F16 Test Build/Fly Prototype Project
Old 01-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Blade47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AK Models F16 Test Build/Fly Prototype Project

It seems to just get better as I go ... IMO I would say that this is Alex's best work ..he has been perfecting the over all engineering of the build and even with out instructions ( if you have built before ) placement of the parts ( lack of a better word ) is quit logical.

Mind you there are now holes in the build picture sequence that he sent ( which I am taking pictures of ) that has me slowed down and have to think of what should be next.

A couple of things that you may find very cool is that the fuel tank compartment is built to take a 16 oz tank no problem and you should be able to get 18 oz with padding room to spare.

The Stab jigging and reinforcement is some thing I have never seen before ..very cool .... ( picture latter ) I will stick with the stock stab but has great potential of being turned into a full flying stab. The stab being locked into the fuse former gives both half's a perfect downward rake ....he has taken out hours of trying to keep both sides even and lined up [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

More later