RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Range
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 07:58 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Range

ORIGINAL: Minibichus

Yep, your range readings match the same readings I am getting. I have three 1/10 cars, 2 electrics and 1 nitro, all go about 100 feet before the Spektrum dies. As for the stated 3000 ft range that should be framed as B.S. since the total power output of the surface based Spektrum DSSS system is close to the power of a narrowband transmitter with ~60-80 milliwatts in 2.4 GHz. The transmitter actual power is only 10mW but since it uses DSSS you need to look at their power density.
In contrast, the DX7 is a DSM2 full range transmitter and it has a power output of 128 mW, but their power density is closer to a 650 mW narrowband transmitter. Thats why they call the DX7 a full range radio, because it has ~10 times more power than their surface systems.

Cheers.
Well , I can't respond to that as I'm not really up on the new systems. However, as stated above, I decided to try the DX2 with the same RX. I drove it until I could not see what I was doing. I re-binded ( sp ) the M8 and back to 70 feet. I take it that I have a bad TX Spektrum module ............. or is something wrong with the M8 .... It binds, works perfectly until 70 feet ......... ?????????????????