RCU Forums - View Single Post - RTR radio tirade
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 10:13 PM
hoodiegadoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RTR radio tirade

Originally posted by Wookie
I would definitely have to agree with Grampi on this one.

The only way a throttle return spring will work is if the servo looses power, the servo arm breaks loose from the servo or if the ball end come loose from the throttle arm.

If the servo is still receiving power and the receiver looses a signal your throttle return spring is essentially useless. If the throttle return spring is so strong that it can overpower a servo your truck isn't going to go anywhere because the the servo isn't going to be able to overcome the power of the throttle return spring.

On a side note, it's amazing how quickly an ego can overpower the mind when it sits in front of a keyboard. To bad they don't make thought return springs.

Remember people, this forum and hobby is for information and fun not insults and ***holes.
I just went downstairs to doublecheck my servo and trs...and now i'm thinking that it could be that the stock servo that grampi has on the gt is the reason his trs is worthless. I have an 80 oz servo for my throttle/break and its works just like i said....if the rx and tx are on and i turn the tx off....the carb will close. I guess you need a higher torque servo to make a throttle return spring work the way mine does. If the servo has nothing telling it to continue pulling the carb open (even with power going to it)...the trs is strong enough to close the carb. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did with Grampi but he doesn't listen to anybody...he was just posting earlier today about people bashing t-maxxs just because they had one or two problems with them. And then he's had ONE issue with a TQ radio and starts a whole ordeal about what pieces of junk they are....can somebody scream HYPOCRITE... I mean come on...I know he hasn't been into rc for too long because I remember him asking around about what to get....and then he tells me i'm dead wrong about something he hasn't even seen...meanwhile I'm staring right at it.....anyway I'm done venting and do appologize for getting irritable.