RCU Forums - View Single Post - RTR radio tirade
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 02:25 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RTR radio tirade

before this thread get closed keep it on topic of the rtr radios.

as far as the manufacturers of lower quality radios, and the r/c companies who include them in their rtr kits, getting sued over an injury suffered from a run away truck, i think they have lawyers to make sure they aren't responsible for that.
thats like suing the gun manufacturer because their product caused the death of someone. not gonna happen. in fact it was just denied(again).
and if your children are close enough or in harms way, that is with out a doubt 100% your fault.
don't try and blame your bad parenting on a rtr radio. just like if you put your 5 year old in the front row of a nascar event and he gets hit with flying debris. you should have been wise enough to know that some places are unsafe for small children.

and heres the deal with ready to run radios/servos/engines/etc
basically anything you "hardcore' hobby'ers complain about weekly.
they are entry level products.
if you want the top of the line stuff you have to buy it separately.

again just like with anything (real car exhaust=after market exhaust---pc with 128ram pc with 256 mb)

the point of it all is simple ......to sell as many as they can.
its a business.
if including a high end radio drops their over all sales by enough of a % that they aren't happy with their #'s then of course .....you , me ,traxxas,hpi,etc will put something of lesser quality to sell more and thus make more profit.

here is your ONLY option when you are forced to buy a rtr like the tmaxx-savage-rs4-etc.

DONT USE THE RTR STUFF YOU DONT LIKE !!!!

take out the brand new servos/rx and even engine and sell them on ebay.....sure you wont get 100% retail value but you have no other option.
then take that money and put it toward one you want.
sure your rig will end up costing more....but you have no choice.

i am going to buy a savage
i will take out the rx and servos and take the radio and list them all on ebay....if i get $35 for it all so be it....$35 less on the cost of my xs3 and high torque servos.