RCU Forums - View Single Post - super skybolt build
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 07:00 AM
$ircra$halot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: super skybolt build

I layed the fuse on the top view of the plans. Are you ready for this? The rear of the fuse fits great! The front actually comes out narrower then the plans by about the same amount the cockpit bottom is off, go figure, when the problem appears to be that former #2 looks to be to wide. I think I will trim it down 1/8" on both sides. I hate to because I am afraid if I do, I may have to trim other things as well. CHRISMH did not seem to run into this problem on his build, I don't know, I think I'll read somemore in the skybolt clubhouse thread and see if anyone else has had this problem. I can't help but think I zigged when I should have zagged somewhere, I just can't figure out where. Great planes has been around to long for their kits to be this far off.

I'm thinking The motor will require some kind of stand offs to get it out through the cowl and I think you may be on to something, useing wood insted of the tubular aluminum stand offs, or maybe a combination of the 2. I'll give it some more thought. At any rate I see this as being a long term build, but then every one I've built has been long term, but well worth it. I thought I might include a pic of my last build an Ace 4-60 bipe highly modified.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98328.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	867789