RCU Forums - View Single Post - Finished First Speed Project
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
KCJarman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finished First Speed Project

I appreciate that guys... I should post up a few more pictures..... This thing is built very will. It has more plywood in it then my SIG Somethin extra.... also, they have changed the Tequila's covering from Chinacoat to oracoate and now to Monokote. As with all of my models I first went over the seams with a hot iron, then shrunk the wrinkles with my heat gun..... It is kinda hard to tell in the picture, but this covering job, although not the prettiest, is deffinately well done, tight and sealed properly.

Secondly, My finished Tequila is coming out at 2lbs 13oz. The total wing area is 2 sq. ft. that brings the wing loading in at 23oz. sq/ft. Although not what some would like, it is deffinately, not the highest wing loading I have flown and should be manageable on approach. In fact I usually land all my planks a little hot on approach as my club keeps the field grass kinda long.

Lastetly, I have read ALL the negative postes about the Tequila and still decieded to go with it. I have placed the 600mah battery beside the tank on the right hand side... this has ballanced the model latterally. I also used a micro servo for the throttle and a micro PCM reciever. All placed in custome suppports in the fuse, as far forward as possible. Next, I relocated the tail section servo's forward of the rear servo compartment to ballance the models CG to 2" aft of the leading edge without adding weight.

Any model this small MUST be ballanced as well laterally as it is on it's CG. With 2* right thrust and 2* down thrust there is no room for a poorly ballanced model here.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... I have a TON of building experieance..... and ARF's are a little new to me... I wanted something inexpensive and fast for a good finger work out... I just had to make a few changes to get the model exactly how I would have done it if I would have built it myself, and I can say that as it sits, it is as good as I could do. I have no doubt that this will be a great flying plane, I wouldn't even be surprised if it follows me to the field at every outing.....

I have had an issue getting my old OS idleing reliably with my home brew few and that has kept from maidening this little guy, but that issue has been resolved today. I lost the Fox idle bar plug and put in an A3. Problem solved. As long as the weather holds I may take my first shot of Tequila this next week.