RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 2.4 Ghz 6EX looses link midflight
Old 02-03-2008, 07:33 AM
gauravag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 2.4 Ghz 6EX looses link midflight

Doug, If the reciever is bad, how come i made 10 flights with this same radio normally ? why did this occur just during one of the flights ?
Even today i had made 3 flights normally , and i flew high and far as well, and it all went fine. The radio failure accured just 300 feet away,
and there are no electrical cables, cell phone towers etc where i am flying.

I have been flying for 10 years and and everything else was perfect, the plane was kit made by me, radio antennae installation done as by the manual .. perfect day to fly, did all the pre flights, range checks , had a few good flights, and then on this flight, just lost the link while flying !
and now on the ground it wont re-link at all .

I do not have an answer on how the receiver could have unlinked itself during the flight. And if the receiver is bad, there might be others out there which are bad ? I am pretty nervous in using this radio set untill i find out something .

3DAP, Yes i intend to send the set back to Futaba, as soon as i get their response confirming they need it back on the Futaba thread where i copied this post.

Thanks all for your suggestions. I have been stumped by this and do not have any possible solutions for this strange occurance.
Regds,
Gaurav