RCU Forums - View Single Post - Biggest engine I can put in a warhead?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:02 PM
davido666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Biggest engine I can put in a warhead?

ORIGINAL: 86atrack4

ORIGINAL: snowbl!nd

You don't want the biggest or most powerful engine in your Warhead because it'll simply shred the transmission. You'll spend more time replacing sheared driveshafts and working on the diffs than actually driving the thing.

As you say you're new to trucks are you certain you're getting the most out of the engine you're using at the moment? Gearing, fuel and most importantly tuning could provide the extra power you're after at a fraction of the price of a new mill. If you experiment with these things you'll learn more about the engines themselves and if you decide to upgrade later then you'll have the experience to get the most out of your investment

And no, turbo chargers are a complete and utter waste of money. Seriously.
Snowblind is right, the drivetrain on the warhead will not take a real powerful engine for long. The tranny will give lots of trouble, maybe if you put the foc shaft it will last a little longer. And also the cvd axles wear really fast, even if you install harden pins for the dogbone side, the cvd side will wear and become sloppy.

I never had any trouble with the diffs but, some others have. I would stick with a engine thats not to torquey and the drivetrain will last longer!
The cv drive shafts are no problem for me. I just replace the pins. I have 200 replacement pins and you can order the cv joint replacement kit from duratrax. I have ordered the foc shaft for my warhead. My axial engine is new and it is cold out so I haven't given it a lot of runs yet. You will need a good engine and a good tuned pipe. Have a look at mine.
Axial 32 with a HT pipe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81269.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	869914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19105.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	869915