RCU Forums - View Single Post - XTM Monster MT First Impressions
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 AM
jombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XTM Monster MT First Impressions

i could'nt tell you what you do wrong but it sounds like you are having a hard time with it , i hit a wooden bridge with mine and didnt do any damage to the truck . i also have the nemesis wheeles and they are much bigger than the stock ones, but i also admit the stock rims are no good mine destroyed themselves almost right after breakin. i like this truck its definitly one of the biggest trucks out and for the price its not a bad deal. if you plan on jumping the truck i would put thicker shock oil like 40 or 50wt in and a stiffer spring, i also found that thunder tiger shock springs fit the truck the black springs in particular (very stiff). every truck needs some setting up the only truck out of the box that i feel that didnt need it is the lst2 its the best of the best but are you willing to pay 650 or do you want to do some setup and down time and drive a more inexpencive truck and have some fun a few hours later.
my backyard is full of mud and water did you spray your electronics with wd40 before hand maybe thats where you went wrong, i still havent lost a reciever or servo to water yet. i dont want to say it but it sounds to me like a new first time person with a new truck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92339.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	871505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40192.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	871506