RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas dudes show no love for Smartech Magic Wheel
Old 02-07-2008, 02:02 PM
infernalstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas dudes show no love for Smartech Magic Wheel

I personally am satisified if you see why those of us who have traxxas products are upset that you using the customer support that's paid for by our purchases. I understand that you're kind of against the wall. When you purchased, you didn't know. Not much you can do now. I think this subject is a bit sensitive in defending Smartech because there are many vehicles that are made in China and then distributed and sold under different names. I think some of XTM vehicles are like that. But this is one of the cases where it's the other way. The T-Maxx was the original truck and the the design was stolen. What sometimes happens is the parts are cast in China, and they just make a second set of molds and start cranking out their own parts. A company my dad contracted for making underground cable installation equipment decided to try selling over in china. And to make it more cost effective, they decided to build over there. After a few years their sales dropped off, and they found out that their entire design was stolen and being built by a chinese company. And like said above, nothing they could do about it.

But yea, somewhere in the MT forums is an unofficial "Official" smartech thread. It should come up pretty high up on a search.