RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 10C Official Thread: Press release inside!
Old 02-10-2008, 06:21 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 10C Official Thread: Press release inside!

ORIGINAL: harphunt

I wish Futaba would go "integrated" 2.4 for those that never intend to fly 72Mhz.

PEACE

I'm with you man, I only fly Futaba but they are really frustating me with this add-on module theme on the new 2.4 radios. 2.4ghz is the future. Can anyone tell me when technology has ever taken a step backwards? If you still wish to fly 72mhsz keep your old 72mhz radio and upgrade your existing planes one at a time to 2.4. to me that is safer when compared to taking a module on and off all of the time, that can't be good for the contact points on the radio, and you can upgrade at your own pace.

I don't want to spend $600 or $1200 on a radio that looks like something was added to it. being able to put 72mhz on these radios was/is a complete waste if you ask me.. and quite frankly it is what has stopped me from buying the 12FG, I don't want a pieced together $1200 radio I want something that looks whole and complete. Another thing that has frustrated me about the 2.4ghz radios is the balance. The radios... the 6, 7, and 12 anyway, still don't have the balanced feel like 72mhz radios do with the antenna out, they feel bottom heavy. Bottom line is that I want a 2.4ghz radio designed from the bottom up to be 2.4 with the clean look and balance that I have come to expect from my Futaba radios.

I will however probally by the 10CAP...that is until they come out something that is higher end that is a true 2.4ghz radio.