RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is my new charger working properly?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 11:51 AM
bracky72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is my new charger working properly?

ORIGINAL: JAM MaxAmps

A cell wil charge to the 4.2 volt range. let the process finish and let the balancer balance the pack before you remove it from the charger.

Jason
How long should this be taking? I have let it go for at least 6 hours and the voltages of each cell only seem to get further apart. Sometimes the charger will beep that it is finished after cell 2 hits 4.22-4.23 and then I'll wait a few hours and look and all of the cells will have dropped usually resulting in even more unbalance then before so I stop it. I have a .5 volt inbalance in new battery #1. Other times cell 2 will hit 4.22-4.23 volts and the rate will drop to .01 amps and then hours will pass where cell 2 stays at 4.22-4.23 but cells 1 and 3 drop voltage slowly and the charge cycle never ends again resulting in a big inbalance.

I also tried the discharge cycle but manually stopped it when one of the cells got down to 2.9? Isn't that to low?

I'm pretty bummed obviously and am going to call maxamps support again but I'll await your reply first.

I also made a homemade 3cell A123 battery yesterday and tried charging it and got the exact same result.