RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lite Machines CP help
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 11:48 PM
maxman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lite Machines CP help

I have tried some loops and rolls with it but there is just not enough cyclic authority to pull it through the maneuvers and it gets very unstable when near inverted. On one loop attempt I did manage to get it completely around but the helicopter hit the ground at the very bottom of the loop, bounced back into the air still running and I finished flying until the fuel tank was dry. That was one of the most funniest things I have ever seen a helicopter do.
As an experiment to increase the Lite Machines aerobatic ability I removed the subrotor and made it into a flybarless head but on my one and only test flight it was VERY unstable and VERY quick to respond to cyclic input. Needless to say I VERY quickly put the subrotor back on. For areobatics I will stay with my Fury or Raptor 60.
Every single part in the collective pitch conversion I machined myself. I did download some plans off the internet but changed most everything as I had issues with how this person had done things. Even though I used a milling machine to make some of the parts I believe that others with basic hand tools and a drill press could build their own cp conversion.