RCU Forums - View Single Post - Having problems adjusting .21 engine
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2003, 07:59 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having problems adjusting .21 engine

Originally posted by SuperQ
i hate t osound like an idiot, but I don't know which is the mid speed needle, or the low speed needle, or whatever. There is a needle stiking out of the top, then there is one directly underneath and perpendicular to the one on top, and then there is a little screw needle thing just to the right of the bottom needle. I am not sure which engine this is, but I really need some help tuning it.
thanks

Q
LOL first thing I think I would do is find out what kind it is. But here is an example of what screw is what!!

Ok you see the long brass fitting there with the nipple at the bottom? THat is the high speed needle(it is used to richen or lean the engine for top speed)The one facing strait at you is the mid range needle(which you should never touch, but most carbs dont come with this) and the small one built in to the carb assembly kinda pointing down is the idle ajustment screw(which raise's or lowers the idle, and theres another one on the far side in the center of the slider which is the low speed needle(the one you need to turn in) Does this help any?