RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spectrum Lockout Help
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum Lockout Help

Hi everyone. I have had a DX-7 since christmas. It has so far been a great setup until today. While my helicopter has enjoyed several succesful flights without a problem (knock on wood). My 27% CAP 232 almost crashed today. It was flying straight and level when i noticed the plane had very funny behavior. It didn't seem to be responding to what I was telling it to do. I got the control back and again it start to act funny. I got the control back again and for what seemed like a decade it locked out again. The plane rolled onto its back and started heading toward the ground. I didn't panick and got control back. It was probaley no more than 10ft off the ground when i regained control. I gunned it, pulled out, and imidiatley landed. Unfortunatley, because there was a few other people test running there engines on the ground I couldn't tell if the plane went to idle or not. So i am not sure if it had a voltage brownout or lost the signal. Now, i am not going to go around bad mouthing spectrum. I rather would like to solve this problem.

The setup for this plane envolves 6 s3305 high torque (125oz in at 6v) servos (not digital), 1 standered servo for the throttle, 2 matchboxes, 2 6v hydrimax 2/3A cells, 2 HD EMS on/off switches, and my biggest concern the ar6200 reciever.

Now, when i ordered the ar6200 with the Dx-7 i figured i could save a few bucks because i didn't need the extra channel. However I was alarmed with how tiny the reciever is compared to the ar7000 that is in my 50 size heli, wich has 4 high torque digital servos, 1 high speed throttle servo, governor,gryo, futaba HD on/off, with a big 4.8v 2000mah reciever battery. I recharge that bird after every flight. Even though the AR6200 is full range i am concerned that it can't handle the electracil system of such a big plane.

However, maybe my range check wasn't sufficient enough and it has a blind spot at the spot in the field. I lost the signal before in the same spot in the same orientation but assumed that it was from the rain that had just stopped that day.

Both switches are fully functional and the batteries unloaded read 6.67v. I don't have a loaded tester yet so i have to use my charger. At the field, i had my dad hold some of the control surfaces to simulate hard flight loads on the control surfaces and i saw no loss of power.

I think that it is either the ar6200 or is is the position of the reciever in the plane. I haven't done a full 360 degree range test before. I wish i had.

Any thaughts or coments would be apreciated.